1. Complete Program Coordinator training
2. Ensure that youth participants are abiding by the SYEP Code of Conduct procedures
3. Communicate with, support, and provide direction to youth participants on a daily basis
4. Provide pro-active measures to ensure positive communication and productivity and prevent escalation of incidents at worksite and programming site experiences. Provide mediation between youth participants and Worksite Managers as needed
5. Collect, audit, and submit time sheets. Ensure time documents are completed in a timely and accurate manner
6. Ensure that accurate and timely completion of daily programming site sign-in sheets occurs
7. Complete supportive services forms and distribution of weekly bus passes for youth participants
8. Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with the Worksite Manager
9. Visit worksites daily to inspect conditions, confirm that Youth Participant job descriptions are being adhered to. Solicit any concerns from the Worksite Manager and act immediately to resolve any potential conflict or challenge
10. Troubleshoot and problem solve potential issues and concerns at worksites during worksite visits and completeSYEP Work Site Visit Reports
11. Address behavioral issues that interfere with participant learning or safety, following the Code of Conduct and Disciplinary Procedures
12. Communicate with and collaborate with FamilyWorks staff for intervention when deemed necessary as stated by the Code of Conduct and Discipline Procedures
13. Communicate with and collaborate with parents/guardians for youth under the age of 18 for intervention when deemed necessary as stated by the Code of Conduct and Discipline Procedures
14. Address concerns expressed by participants or parents/guardians, consulting with Program Manager when necessary
15. Consult with Program Manager immediately upon addressing a qualified incident. Immediately contact Parent/Guardian upon addressing a qualified incident for youth
16. under 18 years old. Complete and submit Incident Reports to Program Manager within 24 hours of qualified incident occurring
17. Provide facilitation support to the SYEP Trainers during programming classroom time with activities and discussions as needed. Prepare copies of programming materials and set up of classroom materials as requested by Trainers
18. Provide oversight, monitoring, and coordination of breakfast, lunch, and snack breaks during programming site experience
19. Encourage youth participants to actively engage in worksite and programming experiences
20. Provide career counseling, goal planning, and support for Youth Participants
21. Place follow-up and reminder phone calls to youth participants as needed. Immediately follow-up with youth participants (and Parents/Guardians if under 18) that do not show for scheduled programming or worksite experiences
22. Ensure that youth participants and Worksite Managers complete all program requirements and paperwork such as timesheets, surveys, assessments, and the online financial literacy instruction modules. Ensure that proper and timely documentation of completion of latter activities are gathered, recorded, and filed in youth participant files accordingly
23. Ensure Worksite Managers complete performance review for each youth participant.
24. Complete timely case notes (if requested by Program Manager) and maintain participant files in accordance with program compliance requirements
25. Other duties as assigned
· Able to pass background and drug screening
· Possess a valid driver's license, automobile insurance, and reliable transportation
· Possess an operable cell phone that will be used to contact SYEP staff, Worksite Managers, Youth Participants and Parents/Guardians of youth under 18 years old
· Superior leadership skills and a genuine interest in providing positive support and mentoring to young adults
· Experience working with youth (ages 16-24), including marginalized, at risk, and vulnerable populations
· Proven experience in successfully mentoring and coaching youth and providing case management services
· Driven, assertive, self-motivated and able to effectively motivate the Youth Participants towards setting and achieving goals
· Have a "Can-Do" and positive attitude and actively work together as a team with the SYEP staff, worksite managers and youth participants
· Must have excellent presentation, communication, and computer skills.
· Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
· Able to meet critical deadlines with accuracy and thoroughness.
· Work well independently and as a team member
· Communication skills that lend themselves to building effective partnerships with Worksite Managers
· Ability to foster strong professional relationships with SYEP staff, youth participants
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is a field role with a need to perform clerical and administrative duties in a physical office. Role requires extensive amount of mobility.
Mon - Fri 8:30am - 5:00pm *Evenings & Weekends as needed.
Reports to the SYEP Program Manager and works in collaboration with E&ES staff. The Program Coordinator will work closely with Trainers to foster active youth participation during worksite and programming experiences. Will work closely with Worksite Managers to ensure worksite conditions and requirements are met. Will also maintain positive relationships with Chicago Housing Authority staff and partner agencies.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com to be considered for this opportunity.