Responsible for the program/office operations and primary management of performance of staff assigned to the program/office.
1. Directly supervises all staffassigned to the program/office location
2. Ensures quality of services and adherence to the program protocol and practices.
3. In conjunction with the SeniorVice President, establishes individual staff goals and timetables for desired program outcomes
4. Review individual performance for goal achievement and related actions
5. Approve and oversee the use of supportive services for the program/office
6. Responsible for ensuring the program/office location is in compliance with contract requirements and achieving established performance goals
7. Facilitate and attend regular meetings with Funders, Agency Partners and Community Stakeholders. Including, but not limited to, Coordination Meetings, Working Group Meetings, Quarterly Meetings, and Monthly Meetings
9. Complete weekly, monthly and quarterly reports that provide updates and current status of performance, successes, highlights, activities, and outcomes that take place for the program/office
10. Represent the program/office at public forums such as, aldermanic events, job fairs, etc.
11. Develop relationships and partnerships with local organizations that will enhance the services offered toclient through their assigned program
1. Experience with leading others inhuman services programs.
2. Experience working with diverse, atrisk, and vulnerable populations.
3. Knowledgeable of the communityresources that offer self-sufficiency, youth services, and quality of life services
4. Excellent organizational and timemanagement skills.
5. Experience managing multiple projectsand tasks simultaneously.
6. Possess a valid driver's license,automobile insurance, and reliable transportation
7. Work well independently and as a teammember
8. Excellent oral presentation and communication skills. Must be comfortable speaking in public forums
9. Excellent computer skills
10. Communication skills that lend themselves to building effective partnerships
11. Proven experience directly related to the position
- Experience with leading others in human services programs.
- Experience working with diverse, at risk, and vulnerable populations.
- Knowledgeable of the community resources that offer self-sufficiency, youth services,
4. and quality of life services
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Experience managing multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Possess a valid driver's license, automobile insurance, and reliable transportation
- Work well independently and as a team member
- Excellent oral presentation and communication skills. Must be comfortable speaking in
10. public forums
- Excellent computer skills
- Communication skills that lend themselves to building effective partnerships
- Proven experience directly related to the position
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions ofthis job. This is a field role with a need to perform clerical and administrative duties in a physical office. Role requires extensive amount of mobility.
Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Position requires the ability work on evenings and weekends as needed.
This position reports to the Senior Vice President for assigned program.
Please note this job description is not designed tocover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com to be considered for this opportunity.