The Family Coach is responsible for working with families to assess needs, assist with goals setting and developing action plans. The Family Coach will use Family Centered Coaching to identify strengths, encourage progress on goals and coordinate needed services. The Family Coach also provides initial outreach and follow up services on lease compliance referrals and is responsible for engaging youth in Youth Services. Caseload includes Housing Choice Voucher families.
· Utilize various outreach methods (in-person, telephone, email/mail correspondence, etc.) to market agency services and engage families in services.
· Refer families to external services or internal services based on service need and request.
· Assist families with the development and achievement of identified goals and assist them with the resolution of any identified barriers to goals.
· Work with families to achieve outcomes in various service areas to foster economic independence, academic achievement, increase earning power, enhancing stability and quality of life.
· Provide follow up to support families with goal progression and achievement.
· Conduct the initial outreach for all lease compliance referrals and address housing related issues.
· Link families with transit support and provides referrals to community service providers and E&ES partners when appropriate.
· Participate in case staffings and supervisions conducted by the Program Manager.
· Represent E&ES for agency and program in community meetings and events.
· Minimum 2-3 years of experience in human or social services.
· Excellent presentation and communication skills.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
· Experience working with diverse, at risk, and vulnerable populations.
· Understanding of family-centered coaching.
· Work well independently and as a team member.
· Strong communication skills that lend to building effective partnerships with related service providers.
· Knowledgeable of the community resources that offer self-sufficiency, youth empowerment services, and quality of life services.
· Self-motivated and be able to effectively market E&ES services to clients.
· Extensive outreach experience and proven high engagement with Chicago Housing Authority residents.
· Proven track record in delivering on performance goals and metrics.
· Perform clerical and administrative duties in a physical office.
· Extensive amount of mobility.
· Possession of a valid driver’s license, automobile insurance and reliable automobile required.
Mon - Fri 8:30am - 5:00pm*Evenings & Weekends as needed.
· Reports to the Program Manager and works in collaboration with E&ES staff.
· Will also maintain effective relationships with Chicago Housing Authority staff and partner agencies.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com to be considered for this opportunity.