The clinician provides clinical services to Chicago residents; including assessments, treatment plans, individual and family services, referrals and advocacy. The clinician ensures ethical treatment of clinical issues and provides consultation and support to employees with regard to clinical issues. Caseload will consist of clients that request or are referred for clinical and wellness services.
· Utilize various outreach methods (in-person, telephone, email/mail correspondence, social media, etc.) to engage in client services.
· Conduct Mental Health assessments with clients that request services; Identify clinical and wellness services that are needed and connect client with services.
· Provide assistance with seeking and enrolling in clinical and wellness benefits/programs.
· Develop resources and partnerships.
· Link clients with transit support and provide clinical and wellness referrals to community service providers and E&ES partners when appropriate.
· Train E&ES staff on how to identify signs of substance abuse, child and vulnerable adult abuse and neglect/domestic violence/mental health issues.
· Act as a support to E&ES staff regarding clinical issues and provide guidance to E&ES staff when crisis intervention is needed with a client.
· Participate in Multidisciplinary Case Staffings conducted by the Program Managers.
· Experience in working with diverse, at-risk, and vulnerable populations.
· Knowledgeable of the community providers that offer clinical and wellness services.
· Strong leadership, team building and communication skills.
· Flexibility and willingness to conduct home visits.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Windows: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
· Possess a valid driver's license, automobile insurance, and reliable automobile.
· Work well independently and as a team member.
· Communication skills that lend themselves to building effective partnerships with Chicago Housing Authority and related service providers.
· Perform clerical and administrative duties in a physical office.
· Extensive amount of mobility.
Mon - Fri 8:30am - 5:00pm*Evenings & Weekends as needed.
· Reports to the Program Manager and works in collaboration with E&ES staff.
· Will also maintain positive relationships with Chicago Housing Authority staff and partner agencies.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for this opportunity.